The Orillia Opera House (OOH) offers our patrons friendly and courteous assistance when attending a performance. With bar service and seating ushers, the OOH is dedicated to enhancing your entertainment experience. In order to make sure everyone has a pleasant time at the theatre we ask our patrons to understand our polices.
- Accessibility: Patrons using a wheelchair, walker or who have difficulty with stairs should advise the box office by phone or in person at the time of ticket purchase. Due to fire regulations and for the safety of patrons, wheelchair and walker seating is located in the back of both the Gordon Lightfoot and Studio Theatres. A COMPLEMENTARY TICKET is available for a support person while persons with disabilities are accessing OOH presentations. The OOH cannot waive charges other presenter's events held at the OOH.
- Age Definitions: Senior rates apply to those 60 and older. Youth rates apply to those 18 and younger.
- BABES IN ARMS are defined as children up to 6 months old. ALL persons regardless of age must have a ticket to enter the auditorium. The Ontario Fire Code regulations state that everyone attending a performance must have an admission ticket and an assigned seat. The Ontario Fire Code states that a child sitting on someone's lap is not considered to be in an assigned seat. This measure is taken to ensure the approved seating capacity of the auditorium is not exceeded and for the safety of all guests.
- Box Office Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 11:00 until Show Time on Performance Days. Sunday Performances 2 Hours prior to Ticketed Event. Tickets may be ordered by phone with a Visa or Mastercard credit card at 705-326-8011 or at our toll free number 1-888-ORILLLIA during office hours; or online 24/7.
- Cameras, video cameras and recording devices are prohibited inside the theatre unless otherwise stated.
- Good Scents Policy: On behalf of those who have serious allergies, we respectfully ask that patrons refrain from wearing perfume, scented hairspray, cologne, scented deodorants, aftershave or other scented products in the theatre building.
- Hearing Assistance: Assistive listening devices are available at no charge and may be signed out at the Front of House office.
- Latecomers will be seated at a suitable break in the performance determined by the artist. Patrons who leave the theatre during the performance will also be asked to wait.
- Parking is available in the municipal parking lot adjacent to the theatre and is free after 5:30pm, Monday to Saturday and all day Sunday. Additional Municipal parking lots are located within walking distance of the theatre. For your convenience, we suggest you give yourself additional time for parking. ACCESSIBLE PARKING is available in the Municipal lot adjacent to the theatre and is available at no charge.
- Ticket Exchanges may only be made for another performance of the same event. Exchanges must be made in person at the box office 48 hours prior to the date shown on the original tickets. An exchange fee per ticket will be applied. All exchanges are subject to availability and will not be taken over the telephone. No refunds.
Please be considerate of those in the audience who may have allergies and avoid wearing perfume or cologne. Cell phones, pagers and watches should be turned off and refrain from unwrapping candy during the performance. Beverages are permitted in the theatre. In the event of any disturbances, ushers will ask those individuals to leave the auditorium.